Teacher reference number (TRN)

You’ll need a teacher reference number (TRN) to register for an NPQ, even if you are not a teacher. We use your TRN to check you’re eligible to study for an NPQ.

You may not have a TRN if you are working in early years, further education or qualified as a teacher outside England.

You can use the Find a lost TRN service (opens in a new tab) if you do not know your TRN, or want to check if you have one.

Do you have a TRN?